Makeup for Breeze Magazine Cover

I am extremely ecstatic!!
This is my first work to ever be featured on a magazine cover!
Thanks so much to Jonathan from Breeze for believing in my talent as well as the fine opportunity to work with one of Malaysia's successful model who hails all the way from our very own backyard.
Behold my latest post
~ Breeze March Issue featuring Cassandra Patrick ~
For those of you who haven't heard of Cassandra Patrick, allow me to give you a brief summary of who she is.
Born in the states & raised in K.K, Cassandra has made her mark in the international modeling arena with many commercial, print & runway works. She is also the Miss Malaysia World 1st Runner Up for 2006/07 and the 2007 Revlon Ambassador.

Going back to the shoot, I personally had to double time myself as I did Mandy's makeup as well on the same day & had another bridal job after. So needless to say I had very limited time!
Anyways, we had Olumis Borneo Batik to sponsor the outfit and I decided to do a very simple yet dramatic liner makeup to give her a high fashion feel.
Based on her outfit, I then used gold pigments from m.a.c to create that warm texture which will contrast with the dramatic dark liner. I then used The BodyShop's bronzing beads to give her that radiant glow on her cheeks & finished off with a medium colored lip color to balance out the color scheme.
20 minutes later.....
Here is the the finished product!!
The supposed cover of Breeze magazine. ( now you know )

Unfortunately the look wasn't commercially appealing enough so we had to re-do the shoot 2 days later. But i'm glad we did, which gave me more time to do a better job!
Here are the results of the second makeup:
Makeup this time was much lighter, less on the high fashion & more on the Beauty! Basically she knew what she wanted and I tried my best to follow her requirements. I don't recall the stuff that I used coz I was busy talking to her and simply went with the flow.
It was a great pleasure to work with her as she shared her career experience with me as a model in KL & Jakarta. Overall it was really great to work with her coz she really has vision and determination!
Behing the scenes of the shoot ~
And FINALLY, the official cover for
Breeze Magazine Issue 14 ( March )
For more details visit www.breeze-mag.com
Not forgetting those who were involved in the process of this shoot :
Model : Cassandra Patrick
Photography : Arthur ' the stixx' Lee
Makeup & Hair : Me!
Stylist : Jason B